I haven’t posted anything in 4 months 😳
Ever since my last (really rushed and haphazardly prepared) post, I’ve completed a whole semester of uni and it’s been the most stressful 4 months of my life ever 😳😳😳Everyone who tells you that JC is the toughest academic period in your life is lying!!! I spent weeks on end studying till early morning in school, returning home the same time my grandma wakes up, but I can’t say that it hasn’t been great either – I’ve had a blast exploring new places, meeting new people, and trying new things. Usually after midnight.
‘Winter’ break now barely feels like break, but to me, milliefeuille is truly a welcome respite from finance. Skincare is one of the things that’s relaxing to me – as much as my mother tells me to ‘find a less shallow hobby’, I believe otherwise – I’m improving my skin (i.e. largest organ yo) and improving my health. (I’ve also recently started going to the gym! 2015’s been an adventure for me)
Actually my long-winded story really just means that I really haven’t had time to take care of my face… Piling on long hours with makeup on, sleeping at ungodly hours, and the intense exam/project-period stress, my face was a rough wreck by the time finals ended.
Really, this is basically all that goes on my face now. I don’t get to try any of the fancy new serums, lotions, or sheet masks that I bought in the second half of this year, because it seems that this is all that my face can tolerate now 😦 L-R / T-B:
- Mizon AHA 8% Peeling Serum, 8% Glycolic acid. I purchased this a while ago from Venus Beauty for $10, as it expires in April 2016. I haven’t been using it consistently, but I’m hoping this’ll help to get rid of CCs.
- Differin, 0.1% Adapalene. My friend recommended this to me as we’re both struggling with similar facial issues, and I (conveniently) got this from the school clinic. While various people claim that it works really slowly/not at all for them, every time I use Differin + Stridex, my face becomes a painful, flakey mess. I guess it works!
- PAIR Acne Cream, Ibuprofen piconol. I got my first tube a few years ago, and it’s actually one of the top selling acne creams in Japan. I haven’t been using this as often, because I’m worried that layering acne treatments will make them conflict/less effective.
- La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5. I tried this out of desperation, actually – I remembered reading one of the r/AB threads talking about HG non-AB products, and how this cream was great for healing super dry skin. The first time I tried it, it stung my skin but somehow it worked – I’m down to my second sample tube, and I’m actually considering purchasing this. Any thoughts?
I also received samples of the Effaclar Duo+, which contains an AHA/BHA if I’m not wrong. Didn’t want that to overlap with other treatments, so I haven’t tried it yet!
- Stridex Maximum. This didn’t work magically in the first week I used it, but works magically together with Differin. I’ve been using this once a day (or else my skin flakes like hell), but it seems to really be getting rid of the clogged pores and CCs on my cheeks! My nose actually seems somewhat ‘cleaner’ 😮
- Dr. Jart Ceramidin Liquid. And of course, the best for last – my HG repair toner. No matter the condition of my skin, I’m always comfortable with smothering my face in this glorious liquid – maybe I just haven’t tried anything else with ceramides that this light and absorbent and hydrating, but this is one of the few products in my collection that I can use during a breakout, and is actually effective. Fyi though, when I first got it, it had this strange scent that I didn’t quite like, but I’ve come to find it soothing now.
Does anyone else have any HG products they use 1. during a breakout, 2. while clearing CCs, 3. with flakey, dry skin, 4. for fading PIH, and 5. as a HG cleanser? I really haven’t had this rough, uneven skin in years (plus the makeup I wear now!), so I totally hope this clears up soon! (by the looks of it, I’ll be glowing by January again 🙂 )