Happy summer again! I’ve previously mentioned how I received J:Dew products from q-depot (www.q-depot.com), and they’ve been a great addition to my routine this holiday. Today, I’ll be reviewing two products: the toner, and the serum.
What it is:
- An amazing Korean skin care product which will cool and moisturizes your skin in almost no time leaving behind smooth texture to your skin without any sticky feelings.
- It contains pure and organic aloe vera and green tea from the clean soil of Jeju Island, which effectively smooth irritated and troubled skin while proving enough moisture to the deeper layers of your skin. Not only this, it also magically reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Best of all, all the products from J:DEW are free from following 6 harmful additives: parabens, mineral oils, animal derivatives, artificial aromas, artificial colorings, and benzophenone making them very friendly to the sensitive skin as well.
- Water, Glycerine, Propanediol , 1,2-Hexanediol, Diglycerine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ethanol, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli Extract), Green Tea Extract, PEG-6+E80 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine, Carbomer, Adenosine, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil , Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans
Of the series, I’ve really enjoyed using this toner! It’s refreshing and has a light consistency, which I’d liken to a little runnier than the Hada Labo lotion. On days when my skin feels like it needs nourishing (more so than a light toner mist anyway), I spread this out onto my skin after cleansing and my skin feels supple and moist again.
This toner is also like aromatherapy to me; it smells like aromatherapic oils and lavender, which really make me feel relaxed at night. The scent is truly soothing, and makes me feel at ease while I prep myself for the rest of my routine. How cute – prepping my face, and my mind!
I will however need to put across that this stuff does not leave your face hydrated for hours on end – it absorbs into my skin fairly quickly (within 15-30m), and that’s when I know that it’s time for me to apply my serum/essence.
What it is:
- Must-have Korean skin care product, which provides immediate moisture and energy to your skin cells while the effect remains for long hours.
- Formulated with green tea and aloe vera from the clean soils of Jeju Island. Both of these ingredients are known for the provision of moisture to the skin for ages.
- The moisture effect goes to the deeper layers of your skin while leaving your irritated skin calm, smooth and moisturized.
- Also contains Shea Butter, which nourishes and moisturize your skin and turns pigmented and rough skin into rejuvenated and radiant skin.
- Antioxidants from broccoli extract protect your skin from any further damage and help to bring back your healthy tone and radiant skin.
- Free from 6 harmful additive: parabens, mineral oils, animal derivatives, artificial aromas, artificial colorings, and benzophenone, thus making it friendly to the sensitive skin as well.
- Water, Glycerine, Propanediol, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Brassica OleraceaItalica (Broccoli Extract), Cyclohexasiloxane, Betaine, Cetearylolivate, Sheabutter, SorbitanOlivate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Green Tea Extract, Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Citrus Junos Fruit Extract, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Adenosine, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Glyceryl Caprylate, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Anisate, Butylene Glycol
This serum has a very smooth formula, fairly similar to the standard serum you’d have. It does feel heavy on my skin (!), but in the way you’d expect a highly nourishing product to be. It smells fairly similar to the toner, and when I massage it into my skin, the dryness/flakiness I’m susceptible to just disappears. Even though I sleep in an air-conditioned room, after applying this serum, I don’t wake up with tight and dry skin!
I say this bearing in mind that my skin type is combination (dry cheeks/forehead/chin, oily t-zone) – and in my humid weather in Singapore, this will only be suitable at night. If I wore this under my makeup in the day, my cushion would probably melt off by noon!
So I spread the four products out on a sheet of oil-blotting paper, and let them sit for a while to see how their oil content is.
10 minutes later
An hour later
So as a preview to the lotion and cream, I’ve dispensed little drops of each product onto an oil blotting paper. While the products do look similar at first glance, they’re clearly formulated very differently – with high oil content in the serum!
These cruelty-free products have genuinely surprised me with how soothing they’ve made me feel. I’ve previously gone for “HG!!! this stuff’s the best” products, but considering how my skin has been flaring up in recent months, I’ve been looking for something with less gimmicks.
Look forward to my reviews of the lotion and cream coming soon then – I’m sure you’ll need products to lock in all that moisture! I’ll also be doing an overall review of the range then 🙂